On June 17th, 2015, SR2S and CEA presented a one-day workshop entitled "Superconducting Magnet Technology for Space" featuring invited review talks by leading representative agencies, companies and research institutes.
Project coordinator, Roberto Battiston chaired the workshop and SR2S project partners presented the progress of the SR2S project to participants in the workshop. Topics that were discussed included:
- The current challenges of going to space and space exploration
- The need for superconducting magnets for radiation protection in space
- Technologies (quench protection, low power cryo -cooling, efficient thermal insulation, low weight high performance superconducting cables) which would require industrial development
- The characteristics of SR2S magnetic designs
- A detailed study of radiation dose simulation during deep space missions
Presentations from the Workshop
To download a PDF agenda for the day, click here.